RWTHmoodle uses the course format "Topic Format" for the course page by default. In this course format, the course page is divided into course sections. All activities and materials are placed in these sections.
Managers can change the title, number, and various settings of the sections themselves.
1. Add Course Sections
If you want to add a course section:
- Switch the course page into edit mode by clicking the button "Turn editing on" in the upper right corner.
- Click on the link "Add topics" or "Add weeks" at the bottom right of the page, depending on the course format you're using.
- Choose the number of sections you want to add and click on the button "Add topics" or "Add weeks".
2. Edit Course Sections
If you want to edit a course section:
- Switch the course page into edit mode by clicking the button "Turn editing on" in the upper right corner. In each course section, a selection menu "Edit" will appear on your right.
- In course rooms with the topic format you will find these entries in that menu:
- Edit topic - Leads to settings of that section.
- Highlight - Highlights a section to indicate that that section is currently important.
- Hide topic - Makes the section invisible to students.
- Delete topic - Deletes the section including all content. This content cannot be restored.
For courses in the weekly format, the menu items are named accordingly "Edit week", "Hide week" and "Delete week".
To change the title of the course section click on the pen symbol next to the title. Enter the new title in the editing field and confirm the change by pressing the Enter key.
Additionally, you can restrict access to a course section (including all working materials and activities) or tie it to certain conditions by using the Restrict Access options in the section settings. These can be accessed by selecting "Edit topic" or "Edit week" from the drop-down menu "Edit".
3. Move Course Sections
To move a course section please proceed as follows:
- Set the course page into edit mode by clicking the button "Turn editing on" in the upper right corner.
- Click the crosshairs symbol and move the section to the desired place.
4. Delete Course Sections
If you want to delete a course section select "Delete topic" or "Delete week" in the selection menu "Edit" in the corresponding section.
Please note that all contents of that section will then be deleted. These contents cannot be restored.
For more information: