RWTHmoodle course rooms for exam preparation and follow-up
In RWTHonline, course rooms can be created for the preparation and follow-up of the examination. For requesting a course room, you need to have the function „PV-Prüfungsterminverwaltung“. The course rooms for exam dates are not intended for take home exams. For this purpose, only the e-exam system Dynexite will be available from winter semester 2021/22.
Students often have difficulty in finding information about an exam when a course room for preparation and review of the exam is used in parallel to the standard course room. Therefore, pay attention to the following:
- If you are actively using the course room for exam preparation and review in addition to the standard course room, please create a prominent notice in the latter that links directly to the course room for exam preparation and review. For example, use a Label resource providing the link and an explanatory text.
- If you do not use the course room for preparation and review of the exam, set it to "invisible" via the course settings page. It will then not be displayed to students in their course room list.
1. Apply for a course room
How to request a course room is described in the RWTHonline instructions "RWTHmoodle-Lernraum beantragen" (German only, accessible only within the RWTH network).
2. Automatic authorization of participants
The following people will be automatically assigned the role "manager":
- the examiners entered for the exam date
- people with the function "PV-Teilnehmerverwaltung" or "PV-Teilnehmerverwaltung Administration" at the organizational unit administrating the exam date. The exam date administration of parent organizational units does not have access. Prüfungsterminverwaltungen von übergeordneten Organisationseinheiten haben keinen Zugriff.
- people with the function "RWTHmoodle-Verwaltung" at the organizational unit administrating the exam date
Students registered for the examination are automatically transferred to the course room in the role "Students". The course room are therefore appropriate for communicating exam-relevant materials and information precisely to the examinees of the respective exam date. They are also useful if the exam date is in a different semester than the associated course.
If students unsubscribe from an exam, they are unenrolled of the associated course room. If a unsubscription is made, a medical certificate is entered, or admission to the exam is not achieved, students are also unenrolled of the RWTHmoodle course room.
3. Delete course rooms
To delete a course room in RWTHmoodle, remove the resource booking in RWTHonline by clicking on the garbage can icon at the beginning of the line, save your change and then contact RWTHmoodle support: email@example.com
For more information:
- RWTHmoodle-Lernraum beantragen (German only, accessible only within the RWTH network)
- RWTHonline und RWTHmoodle (German only, accessible only within the RWTH network)
- CLS handouts for examinations