Overview of the StudentQuiz (Students' perspective)
The StudentQuiz question overview lists the already existing questions and allows the creation of new ones. Managers can moderate the listed questions by confirming or rejecting them or hiding or deleting inappropriate questions. Students can edit their own questions here. The icons of the S column of the question overview provide information about the current status of a question.
Table of Contents
If you call up the activity on the course page, you will get to the overview page. Here, the existing questions are displayed in tabular form.
Using the corresponding buttons, you can create new questions, start a quiz run and edit, preview or delete your own questions. The prerequisite is that the managers have set suitable time windows for creating and answering questions in the availability settings of the StudentQuiz.
The question table combines a number of information about the already existing StudentQuiz questions. The columns of the table are explained below. Clicking on a column label will sort the table by that column.
The table of this view provides the following information in the different columns:
- Check-Box - This is used to select or deselect questions for a subsequent action. The possible actions are named by the buttons under "With selection". Students can only start a quiz attempt with "Start quiz".
- T - Indicates the (question) type, for example multiple choice or cloze.
- S (= Status) - Displays the status of a question, which is set by the lecturers. The following status values are available for selection:
- New - New questions created by you are marked with this icon and included in the question pool. If no separate check of the question by the lecturers is required, it can be answered and evaluated regularly by the students from this point on. Note: If required, lecturers can configure the StudentQuiz so that newly created questions are first checked by the lecturers before they appear in the main view.
- Rejected - A question marked as rejected will still be displayed to all students and they can answer and score it regularly. If a question you created was marked as rejected, you will still receive points for creating the question. Therefore, apart from the visual marking, there are no other distinguishing criteria or restrictions to questions that have not been marked as rejected. A question marked as rejected can no longer be changed by the author, but can only be deleted completely by clicking on the trash can icon.
- Confirmed - A question marked as confirmed can no longer be changed by the author, but can only be deleted completely by clicking on the trash can icon.
- Changed - A question marked as changed can be modified by the author by clicking on the gear icon and deleted by clicking on the trash can icon.
- Hidden questions can be recognized by the grayed-out font. A question marked as hidden will only be displayed to you if you have created the question yourself. Note that no points are awarded for hidden questions - neither for creating the question, nor for answering it (if this question was answered at a time when it was not hidden). If the question is made visible (again), points already awarded for creation, answering and scoring are automatically reassigned. A hidden question can only be changed by the author if the status is "New" or "Changed".
NoteIf the managers have set a question created by you to the status "hidden", you can still see it and - in the statuses "new" and "changed" - also delete it. As long as a question is hidden, you as the author will not receive any ranking points for the created question.
- Question - Shows the title of the question.
- Actions (without column heading) - this column shows various icons for applicable actions.
- - Preview the question. Students can use this to review their own questions as well as read the comments received on them.
- - Edit questions (only for own questions)
- - Delete questions (only for own questions)
- Created by - The names of the question authors are displayed anonymously. Only the questions you create yourself are displayed with your name so that you can see which questions were created by you.
- Tags - Lists the keywords entered for a question.
- My attempts - Shows how many times the user has already answered the question and whether the last answer was correct or incorrect.
- Difficulty - Indicates the difficulty of this question for the user. The difficulty is calculated on the basis of the answers given and ranges from 0 (= all previous answers are correct or very easy) to 1 (= all previous answers are incorrect or very difficult). The personal difficulty for the viewing user is symbolized by yellow lightning bolts. The blue background, on the other hand, symbolizes the average difficulty based on the answers of all group members.
- Rating - Symbolizes the rating of the question from 1 star (= very good) to 5 stars (= very bad). The rating given by the user is symbolized by yellow stars. The blue background, on the other hand, symbolizes the average rating of all participants.
- C - Displays the number of comments made on this question.
Above and below the tabularly organized question overview you will find various buttons that can be used to start collective actions for one or more questions previously selected by checkbox. For students, this is limited to starting a quiz attempt in order to answer the questions received and, if necessary, to evaluate and comment on them.
A filter is displayed above the table, which can be used to filter out questions from the table according to different criteria. This is useful, for example, when answering questions as part of a quiz, in order to specifically answer those questions that were answered incorrectly in previous quiz runs. How to use the filters is explained using the example of tag filters in the tutorial on sorting and filtering questions.
- General information on the StudentQuiz activity
- Quick guide for StudentQuiz (Lecturers)
- Quick guide for StudentQuiz (Students)
- Adding a StudentQuiz
- Question overview of the StudentQuiz (Lecturer's perspective)
- Adding questions
- Start StudentQuiz, rate and comment questions
- Learning progress and ranking
- Reusing StudentQuiz questions in Quiz activity
- Sorting and filtering questions
- Change question status
- Edit, delete or move questions to Quiz activity