Visibility of names and e-mail addresses
By default the names and e-mail addresses of "Students" and "Extra Users" are not displayed to other persons with these roles within a course room.
The display settings can be edited on the personal profile page.
So-called "Privileged Persons" always see names and e-mail addresses of all course participants.
1. Displayed data
It depends on the role users have in a course room if they are allowed to see other participants' names and e-mail addresses.
- Within the context of a course room users with the roles "Manager", "Editing Tutor", and "Tutor" are so-called "Privileged Persons". The names and e-mail addresses of all other users in the course room are always displayed to them.
- At the same time, the name and e-mail address of privileged persons are always displayed to all participants in the course room. Like this, the students can contact the persons responsible for the course.
- Additionally, the "Students" and "Extra Users" can determine as opt-in in their profile settings if their name and e-mail address should also be displayed to other "Students" and "Extra Users". By default, name and e-mail addresses are not displayed to these persons.
Name and e-mail address by ...
Students & Extra Users see …
Tutors see …
Managers see …
Students & Extra Users
|Only if allowed in profile (opt-in)||always||always|
2. Change display settings
Students can change the display settings can be changed as follows:
- Click on your name in the upper right corner and choose "Profile".
- On the profile page, click "Edit Profile" in the upper right corner.
- Now choose one of the following options from the dropdown menu "Name/Email display":
- Display only to privileged persons (default)
- Display to all RWTHmoodle users
- Display to privileged persons and other course participants
The following table sums up the possible display settings for name and e-mail address within a course room:
For more information: