A Label resource serves as a spacer on a Moodle course page. It can be used to add text, images, multimedia or code in between other resources in the different sections. It is a very versatile resource and can help to improve the appearance of a course if used thoughtfully. Banners or descriptions may be added to Labels to distinguish between and highlight different areas.
On the other hand, overuse of multimedia (sound, video) in labels can slow down the loading of a course page.
1. Create a Label resource
- Use the button "Turn editing on" in the upper right corner to switch the course page to edit mode.
- Click on the link "Create material or activity" in the course section where you want to create a text page.
- In the activity, choose to click the check box of the "Label" resource.
- Click on the button "Add" to create a Label. You are automatically redirected to the settings page to configure the Label.
2. Configure a Label resource
2.1. General settings
In the "Label text" area, enter the text that should appear directly on the course page. When designing your text you can use all functionalities of the HTML editor: formatting, inserting images or links etc.
2.2. Common module settings
- Availability - With this setting, you can hide a Label from the students. This means that this resource is not immediately available, but can be made visible at a later date.
- ID number - This setting allows you to uniquely identify or reference the Label in formulas for calculating the grade. If the Label is not included in any calculation of the overall grades, you can leave this field empty.
2.3. Restrict access
With these settings, you can attach certain conditions to the visibility and availability of the Label to students. For more information, see the article Restrict Access.
2.4. Activity completion
You use these settings to define criteria or conditions when an activity is considered (successfully) completed. For detailed information, see the article Activity completion settings.
By clicking on "Save and return to course" you save all settings and the content of the Label and return to the course page.
For more information: