1. Open E-Mail Settings
Start the system and click on File.
2. Set up E-Mail Accounts
The option Add Account allows you to connect a new e-mail account to outlook.
3. Enter your E-Mail-Address
The previous step opens a window for entering your e-mail address. Afterward, click on Connect.
While doing this, please note that...
- personal e-mail addresses must be entered as "email@example.com", and
- staff e-mail addresses must be entered as "<firstname.lastname>*@sampleinstitution.rwth-aachen.de"
- every institute decides themselves how names are specified in the mail accounts (before the @)
4. Choose Account Type
When asked to choose the account type, select Exchange.
4. Enter your Username and Password
In order to enter your username and password, first click on More choices.
Click on Use a different account.
and enter your login data for your e-mail account as follows:
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- If you are setting up a single-function e-mail adress (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org), please enter the username as: email@example.com
- Password: the password of your respective RWTH Service Account
By checking the box, you can ask outlook to save your login data for future logins.
Finally, by clicking on OK, your account is set up and ready for use after restarting outlook once.
If you did not check the box as mentioned above, your login data will need to be entered each time you start outlook..