Thunderbird with TbSync
The add-ons described in this manual are not officially a part of Microsoft offer in connection with Microsoft Exchange. There is no guarantee of lasting functionality and security. The use of these add-ons remains therefore under your own responsibility.
The integration of shared Exchange calendars not possible yet! The developer of the addon is still working on the implementation of this service.
1. Click on the option bar (1) on the top right of the page in Thunderbird and choose the option Add-ons (2).
2. Enter "TbSync" into the search field and confirm with "Enter".
3. In a new window, the TbSync is the first one shown on the list of add-ons. Click on "Add to Thunderbird" to install it. Do the same for Provider for Exchange ActiveSync.
1. If there are any updates for TbSync available, it will be automatically updated, when the following settings are made:
Adding an Exchange calendar
After TbSync installation and update, Exchange calendars can be added.
1. To open the settings, click on the add-on status message.
2. In a new window, choose Account actions and add a new Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) account.
3. Enter the following account details:
- The Server configuration is to be set as Custom configuration.
- Account name (display name of the new calendar)
- User name (user name for the OWA. E.g. ab123456@institute. rwth-aachen.de)
- Password (the password for the OWA. You can change it in the Selfservice)
- Server address: mail.rwth-aachen.de
4. At last, mail.rwth-aachen.de as Server address and any desired value as Sync interval are to be entered .
Your Exchange calendar can be added and synchonised now.
5. After you have added and synchronised your new calendar, you can see your events and task by clicking on the button on the top left of the page.