What is Maple?
Maple is a system for symbolic and numeric mathematical computations. Examples for this are:
- Factorization of polynomials
- Solving systems of equation
- Limits, derivatives
- Symbolic/numeric solutions of definite and indefinite integrals
- Symbolic/numeric solutions of various (also partial) differential equations
- Series expansions
- Numeric calculations with any accuracy
- 2D- and 3D-graphics / animations
- Fortran / C / LaTeX - Output
Furthermore, there are several additional modules for special applications (e.g. linear algebra, geomerty, statistics...) that can be added if need be.