DFN-PKI Grid Server Certificate
The RWTH registration authority processes applications for DFN-PKI Grid server certificates.
- The DFN-PKI Grid-Portal can be used to apply for new Grid certificates, block existing ones, or search for a Grid certificate.
- The application must be submitted to the IT-ServiceDesk and is then checked by the RWTH registration authority, which can approve the application.
- The certificate is issued by DFN-PKI Grid and can be downloaded via a web browser after receiving an email notification.
- Alternatively, the certificate is sent directly in the notification email.
A Grid certificate is valid for 393 days.
Applying for a server certificate via the web form
- Open the DFN-PKI-Portal and change the language to English at the top right if needed
- Select Upload CSR (PKCS#10) file
- Fill out the fields as follows:
- Select the CSR file
- Your data
- Full Name: Complete first name(s) and surname as they are displayed in your identity document.
- Email: Email address with which you wish to receive the certificate and receive future notifications and the expiry or revocation of the certificate.
- Department (optional): The complete name of your department or organisational unit. (e.g. IT Center, Computer Science 12) )
- Revocation PIN: This PIN will be required to revoke or block certificates. Please keep this PIN safe.
- Personal Note (optional): This note can be saved in the .json file that you create with your application.
- You must agree to the regulations.
- You must agree to the publication of the certificate.
- You must confirm that you have read the information about data processing.
- Print the PDF file
- Please read the printed document, then fill in the date and sign it.
- You must bring the completed document with you when verifying your identity with the registration authority.
- Submit your application in person.