DFN-PKI Global revoke server certificate
When does a server certificate need to be revoked?
- you have implemented a new certificate e.g. new HW
- the server is no longer in use
- the server has been compromised
You can request that the registration authority revokes your certificate via the DFN-PKI Webpage. To do so you need to enter the revocation PIN, specified duricng the certificate application.
If you have misplaced the PIN, contact the RWTH registration authority via mail:
Visit the DFN-PKI website and choose the option Revoke certificate in the menu on the top of the page or in the corresponding box:
Enter the serial number, the certificate revocation PIN and the reason for revocation.
- You can find the serial number in the e-mail you received when the certificate was issued. Alternatively, you can find the serial number in the certificate details of your operating system or e-mail application;
- You assigned the revocation PIN when you applied for the certificate.
- If none of the revocation reasons from the list apply, select the option Unspecified.
By clicking the button Revoke certificate, your revocation request is sent to the registrations autorities and must be approved.
After approval by the registration authorities, you will receive an e-mail confirming the revocation of your certificate.