DFN-PKI Grid User Certificate
The RWTH registration authority processes applications for DFN-PKI Grid server certificates.
- The DFN-PKI Grid-Portal can be used to apply for new Grid certificates, block existing ones, or search for a Grid certificate.
- The application must be submitted to the IT-ServiceDesk and is then checked by the RWTH registration authority, which can approve the application.
- The certificate is issued by DFN-PKI Grid and can be downloaded via a web browser after receiving an email notification.
A Grid user certificate is valid for 393 days.
Applying for a user certificate via the web form
- Open the DFN-PKI-Portal and change the language to English at the top right if needed
- Select Request User Certificate
- Fill out the fields as follows:
- Create certificate request
- Name (CN): Complete first name(s) and surname as they are displayed in your identity document.
- Email: Email address for which the certificate is to be issued.
- Organisational unit (OU) (optional): The complete name of your department or organisational unit. (e.g. IT Center, Computer Science 12)
- Namespace: This is already set.
- Your data
- Department (optional) The complete name of your department or organisational unit. (e.g. IT Center, Computer Science 12)
- Revocation PIN: This PIN will be required to revoke or block certificates. Please keep this PIN safe.
- Personal Note (optional): This note can be saved in the .json file that you create with your application.
- You must agree to the regulations.
- You must agree to the publication of the certificate.
- You must confirm that you have read the information about data processing.
- Save the application file and set a password for it
- The .json file and associated password must be stored securely. You will later need both to receive your certificate.
- Print the PDF file
- Please read the printed document, then fill in the date and sign it.
- You must bring the completed document with you when verifying your identity with the registration authority.
- Submit your application in person.
The DFN-PKI certification guidelines require that the identity of the person applying for a certificate is checked. Please use one of the possible methods for identity verification.