RWTH-guests (Wi-Fi) access with login credentials
For invited guests of RWTH staff.
What should the host do?
RWTH staff members (e.g. administrator, conference organizer) may apply for guest accounts to access the "RWTH-guests" network. As a host, they need to use their RWTH Single Sign-On ID (see Identity Management for employees). If you are not aware that you have such an ID or you have forgotten your password, please use the PasswordReset tool to have your credentials sent to you by email.
We recommend checking the availability of the RWTH-guests network at a location yourself before organizing an event. Buildings belonging to UKA only have their own guest network available.
Creating or applying for guest accounts:
- Log in to the guest management system
- Apply for your guest accounts by specifying their duration, purpose and the desired login
- Passwords are generated corresponding to the duration for the guest account
- If you have status as an employee of RWTH Aachen University in the IdM system, the requested guest account(s) will be approved automatically. If you have a different status (e.g. UKA employee or RWTH partner), the request will be manually reviewed by the IT-ServiceDesk. This can cause delays
- As soon as your guest accounts have been authorized, you can save their login credentials and an instruction manual as a PDF file. These can then be forwarded to your guests.
What to do as a guest:
- Connect to the WLAN SSID RWTH-guests
- Your web browser should be redirected to http://access.wlan.rwth-aachen.de.
- Stay in the left side blue box, "RWTH guest login"
- Read our Terms of Service
- Use the guest login and password you have received from your host
- Click on "Register as RWTH guest" to accept our terms and get internet access
Disclosure duty as a host
As a host, you are required to provide your guest's contact information to the IT Center if requested to do so in the event of misuse or disruption of the network resources.