Setting e-mail notificications
In the Commvault user interface, you have the option of setting appropriate e-mail notifications in the "Monitoring" area. For instance, you can be notified of failed backup jobs by e-mail.
Note: Please note that you can only set up additional e-mail addresses after consulting with the recipient.
In the Commvault Command Center (https://console1.dasi.rwth-aachen.de/commandcenter/), you can generate email alerts in the monitoring section.
- In the sidebar, select "Monitoring" and then click on "Alerts".
- At the top left, go to the 'Alerts definitions' section.
- Click on the 'Add alert definition' field in the upper right corner. From here you start to configure your alert definitions.
- Define or name your alert message and select a type.
- Optionally, decide whether you want to send an individual notification for this message. Click on "Next" at the bottom to proceed.
- In the next step, assign your message by using the search function to find and select your client.
- Specify the addressees. Entering functional e-mail addresses is possible here.
Note: Please remember to consult further recipients before adding their contacts.
- It is possible to change the template, but this is usually not necessary.
Finish the process by clicking on 'Finish'.