To establish a vpn connection via iOS, you have to use AnyConnect Client.
1. Please open the appstore and search for "AnyConnect" for download.
2. Open the app and allow AnyConnect to send notifications.
3. Click on "No connections" an then on "Add VPN Connection". Then type in the corresponding server address:
- vpn.rwth-aachen.de for the RWTH vpn
- vpn.institute.rwth-aachen.de for vpn connection to an institute network
You can fill in the field description "RWTH". Afterwards click on "save".
4. By opening the AnyConnect VPN, you're asked to type in your user ID (format: ab123456) and the password. The group "Full tunnel" is set automatically.
5. AnyConnect is now establishing the vpn connection.
The vpn connection can be deactivated either via AnyConnect or the settings. It's the same prodedure for reactivating an already created vpn connection.