Guestaccounts for externals
- The creation and administration of guest accounts are provided exclusively for employees.
- Guest accounts are valid for 6 months and can be extended if required. Otherwise your account will be locked upon expiry and deleted after another 3 months.
- Guests do not have their own storage volume. They cannot create their own shares/ share files. Guests have to be invited by sciebo users in order to be able to work with them.
Inviting guests – here's how!
- Log in to the my-sciebo-Portal and select the menu item "Gäste einladen" (invite guests).
- To create a guest account, the first name, last name and e-mail address (serves as guest-ID) of the guest are required.
- Next, click "Einladung absenden" (send invitation) whereupon an e-mail is sent to both the guest and the inviting person (sponsor).
Guest accounts: Managing information, setting passwords and sharing
By clicking the menu item "Gäste verwalten" (manage guests) a list of all sponsored guest accounts is displayed. Here you have the choice between the functions "Info abrufen" (retrieve information), "Passwort setzen" (set password) and "Gast verlängern" (extend guest).
Detailed information and manuals on how to set password or guest accounts and how to share these with your guest can be found here. Please note the information on password length and using lower case letters in order to avoid faults and problems.