Step-by-step instructions for creating a Boxcryptor account with an RWTH e-mail address.
Creation of the Boxcryptor account
- Open: https://www.boxcryptor.com/app/?organizationId=8904535574213176567
- Select "Create account"
- Fill in the fields first name, last name and enter your RWTH e-mail address
- Assign a secure password. Please observe the following password guidelines:
- At least 8 characters, more is better. We recommend the use of a password manager
- contains at least 3 of the following character categories: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, special characters
- Username must not be included in the password
- Your name must not be included in the password
- The password must not be shared
- Password must differ from passwords used for RWTH services
- Permitted characters:
- Click on "Continue".
- Please note and confirm the manufacturer's reference to the Zero-Knowledge-Philosophy
- Complete the account creation with the button "Create account
- We recommend exporting your Boxcryptor key in case you forget your password.
- The export is done via the web interface
- Navigate to My Account
- Click Advanced in the navigation bar on the left and then click Export Key.
- In the following window, click on Export.
- Note: Only this password provides access to your own key and the data encrypted with it.
Losing the password means losing access to your encrypted data.
- To use Boxcryptor in combination with sciebo, the sciebo client must be installed.
Boxcryptor cannot be used with the sciebo web interface.
- Manufacturer documentation: https://www.boxcryptor.com/de/help/quickstart/windows/#create-boxcryptor-account