FAQ - GigaMove
Several factors can play a role here:
1. Are the required cookies (Shibboleth Identity Provider of the home institution, Discovery Service of DFN and Shibboleth Service Provider on the Gigamove server) allowed?
2. Does a Shibboleth authentication work? In this case it is usually sufficient to use a Shibboleth Service Provider of the home institution.
3. Shibboleth authentication works, but access is still not allowed? This can have two reasons:
5. Not all required attributes are delivered by the Shibboleth Identity Provider of the home institution A call to the URL https://gigamove.rwth-aachen.de/Shibboleth.sso/Session will help.
6. Is a firewall, application level proxy, etc. preventing access?
c:\ ping -n 3 gigamove.rwth-aachen.de
$ ping -c 3 gigamove.rwth-aachen.de
- Due to the redundancy of upstream servers a note on duplicated packages might appear.
Provided or requested files or the corresponding links can be deleted manually at any time.
The entire application is protected via https, which means that the data is transmitted encrypted and cannot be intercepted.
GigaMove provides a simple way to protect the exchange via a password. Anyone who knows an ID and, if available, the password, can download a file. The protection of the data exchange is therefore dependent on the extent to which the ID, which for example belongs to the link to the download, is communicated confidentially and then remains secret.
The IDs can always fall into the wrong hands by means of trial and error, guessing or due to carelessness on the part of a user. In the following, we will present ways to further secure the exchange:
- Password-protect archive
- Encrypt file(s)
Furthermore, every user is free to delete the file directly after downloading it.
Only you and the recipient of the link can access the data provided. Should the link be passed on to third parties, these persons can also access the data.
The administrators of the system have access to the server and the file system, but access to the data by an administrator by service instruction without good reason is prohibited.
To prevent access by administrators, you can encrypt your data before uploading it. You must encrypt the file yourself before uploading it.
1. a virus may have been found in the file This file is deleted immediately after detection.
2. Possibly the validity of the file has expired.
Yes that is possible. The URL for this is:
Where <ENTITYID_IDP> is the entityID of the IdP of your university.