What does the service 'Database' include?
- Installation and operation of databases on high performance systems of the IT Center
- Regular adaptation of the hardware and software to the latest requirements
- High availability (7x24h) by means of a redundantly designed infrastrucutre and a high availability concept
- Regular updating of the database software (security updates) and the underlying infrastructure such as operating system etc.
- Automatic monitoring to ensure smooth operation of the databases
- On request, performance analysis and optimization (fee-based)
- Regular data backup
- Support for the restoration in the event of data loss
- Flexibility due to scalable resources such as e.g. memory, disk space etc.
- Counselling and assistance provided by competent contact persons at the IT Center
Which database systems can be currently used?
- Oracle Database Enterprise Edition
- MySQL Community Edition
Usage of the databases is provided on a rental basis. As required, various database models varying in organizational flexibility and physical resource usage are provided.