The database service is provided on a rental basis.
Depending on requirements, various database models are offered, which differ in organizational flexibility and physical resource utilization.
A standard MySQL database can be ordered by person with the role Bestellung IT via e-mail to the IT-ServiceDesk.
After ordering a MySQL database, the access data (database or service name, port, server IP, password) will be sent to you by e-mail.
The following information is needed:
- Institution and institute code number
- Mail address(es) & telephone number(s) of contact person(s)
- Intended use of the database
- Funding (PSP element) for billing purposes
Oracle or non-standard MySQL database
If you are interested in an Oracle database or a non-standard MySQL database, please contact the IT-ServiceDesk.
Here it is necessary to agree on the frame conditions in advance and to draw up an SLA.
Standard information required for setting up the database:
- Database version
- Service availability
- Data availability and backup
- Resources (CPU, memory, IO, data volumes)
- load performance
- Type of application (third-party, self-developed, test and/or production)
- Code Page of the database (which format)
- New or migration of existing database
- Users and authorizations
- Source systems (Firewall)