Update Notebooks included in the profile
If you provided a URL for a Git repository when you created your profile, you can update its contents at any time using the normal Git workflows.
The contents of your repositry will be synchronized during each start of the profile with the local copy of the user in his RWTHjupyter home directory. We use nbgitpuller to perform this synchronization.
Please note that users need to completely restart their Jupyter service before changes become available in their Jupyter instance. To force a restart, perform the following steps:
- Stop your current server by clicking on "Stop my server" on the JupyterHub home page.
- Wait a minute, then reload the page
- Start the server again by selecting a profile.
Alternatively, you can force a synchronization while the Jupyter server is running:
- Access your (running) Jupyter server at: https://jupyter.rwth-aachen.de/.
- Open a terminal: File -> New -> Terminal
- Run the following command: bash /scripts/start.sh