Information concerning the technical contact person
In this document you can find all information that you need in order to manage your compute project on the RWTH Compute Cluster.
A project group with a name similar to abcd4321 will be created for your project.
- jara4321 – big compute project in the JARA Partition
- rwth4321 – standard compute project not in the JARA Partition
- lect4321 – compute project in the context of a university course
- thes4321 – compute project in the context of writing bachelor or master thesis
- bund4321 – compute project in the context of the opening of the cluster to researchers from the "Bundesrepuplik Deutschland"
- prep4321 – compute project for preparation of a large research computing project in one of the categories BUND or JARA
- nova4321 – compute project with a focus on innovative computer architecture
- rnrw4321 – compute project for former RV-NRW users
The sequence of four letters shows the project type.
In the project application you provided the ID (HPC account) of the technical contact person (TC). If the TC has not yet such a personal HPC account he can log in into Selfservice and create one. External users will be invited to IdM via Coupon procedure.
The TC is configured as the initial owner of the group when the project is created. It is not possible to log in with the project account!
- New HPC accounts created after 10.10.2019 accounts will not appear in Selfservice; thus the TC cannot handle project account in the Selfservice.
- Old HPC accounts will be withdrawn from Selfservice as late as 13.12.2019.
For the next steps the TC needs interactive access to the RWTH Compute Cluster using his personal HPC account (user-ID).
He therefore has the permission to add other users, e.g. ab654321, using the command 'member':
member add --name jara9876 ab654321
In order to add further managers, e.g. mn123456, use the command
member add --name jara9876 --manager mn123456
Please remark, that a manager is not automatically a member, but can also be added to the project group.
Using the project
If the TC also wishes to use the project, he has to add his ID to the project as described above.
All batch jobs submitted as part of the project have to be explicitly associated with the project group, as described here.
The actual amount of resources used can be obtained with the command r_wlm_usage.
If you have questions, please direct them to our Service Desk: email@example.com