OpenConnect for Ubuntu
Download and install OpenConnect
In order to install OpenConnect please proceed with the following steps:
- Open the terminal.
- Insert the command sudo apt-get install network-manager-openconnect-gnome and subsequently your password.
3.Press Enter, then y and then Enter again.
4.The OpenConnect installing process is completed.
Configuration of Cisco VPN for Ubuntu Linux
In order to configure Cisco VPN for Ubuntu Linux please proceed with the following steps after installing OpenConnect:
1. Click on the Network icon and select VPN connections. Then, select configure VPN.
2. A window that displays the Network connections will open. Click on Add.
3. You need to select a VPN connection type. Select Cisco AnyConnect Compatible VPN.
4. Name your connection, e.g. "RWTH Aachen", and enter vpn.rwth-aachen.de as gateway.
5. Click on the red marked button.
6. Click on the Network icon again, select the VPN connections tab and click on the name of your connection.
7. A new window will open. Click on Connect.
8. Another window will open which contains details about the used certificates. Please click on OK.
9. Please fill in your username (format: ab123456) as username and your VPN/WLAN password and select RWTH-VPN as group.Then, click on Login.
10. The connection will be confirmed by a notification.