Requesting SSL certificates for webhosting
As the contact person for a website, you can first log in to the webhosting portal.
- Under "My URLs" you will find your website
- Click on "Details" and then on "Request SSL".
- You will receive an e-mail, which includes a request file
- This file must be uploaded to the DFN-PKI portal as a server certificate in order to then fill out the rest of the application.
- Now send the application in a signed, preferably encrypted, e-mail to: email@example.com
- Once the process is complete, you will receive the PEM file by e-mail.
- You send this PEM file to us by e-mail
- We install your certificate on the web server
SSL requests for rwth-aachen.de domains can be processed immediately. For external domains, a manual check may be necessary.