Connecting log-in methods
Here you will learn how to link several log-in methods with one another.
Coscine offers different log-in methods to simplify registration and to offer partners from various different universities and research institutions a common platform.
However, this also means the severeal accounts may be created for the same person when using different log-in methods. Different log-in methods can be linked in order to maintain clarity and to give users the option of always having access to all projects and data regardless of the log-in method.
- Log in using your preferred login method
- Navigate to the user profile page
- Click “connect” for the secondary login method
- You will be guided through the registration process of the selected method. Log in with the relevant data
- After you have successfully logged in using the second method, you will be directed to the user profile
- The second method is now also shown there as "Connected"
- The methods are linked and you now have access to all your projects and data regardless of the log-in method