Roles and permissions
In RWTHmoodle, participants of the course rooms can have different editing permissions. These editing permissions are managed via roles.
The permissions in RWTHmoodle are represented in roles. The following roles are available:
- Manager - They design the course room, manage participants and dates, provide learning content, plan and execute learning activities, and manage student assessments. Lecturers from RWTHonline are automatically booked as managers.
- Tutor - This category is suitable for tutors who need to correct and evaluate student exercises. They are manually added to the course by managers and have no editing rights.
- Tutor with editing rights - This role gives tutors the additional right to provide files in folders. These "folders" must first be inserted into the course room by the "manager". To do so, the managers have to use the function "+Add an activity or resource".
- Student - Students with a fixed place for the course in RWTHonline are automatically added to the course room in this role. If they are to be removed from the course room, they must be deregistered from the course in RWTHonline. They do not have editing permission in the course room, i.e. they cannot create, edit or delete activities. They can, however, create content in a number of activities, for example, give answers in electronic self-tests, create submissions in assignments, create submissions and assessments in peer reviews, book appointment slots in organizers, create contributions in PDF annotators and forums, or provide other students with files in student folders.
- Extra user - They have the same rights as the "Student" role, but are manually added to or removed from the course room by the manager. This role is suitable for persons who cannot register for a course in RWTHonline.
For more information: