A Book is a resource with which one can present multi-page learning content in a book-like format. It is a static resource that does not allow for interactivity. A book is created in two steps: first the Book resource is added to the course page, then the chapters are added.
1. Adding chapters and subchapters
Titles of chapters appear as links in the table of contents to the left of your content. It is recommended to keep your titles short.
To add a chapter:
- Turn editing on by clicking the 'Turn editing on' button at the top right of the page.
- Click on the + icon in the Table of Contents or first chapter. The new chapter will be inserted directly after the chapter whose title is on the same line as the red cross you click.
- Give the chapter a title and a content. You can change both later. If you want to create a subchapter, click on the checkmark at Subchapter (this option is not available for the first chapter of the book).
2. Importing chapters
To import chapters:
- Create a zip file of HTML files and optional multimedia files and folders. If you wish to upload subchapters, add "_sub" to the end of HTML file or folder names.
- Click on the gearwheel in the upper right corner (inside the white box) to open the Book administration. There, choose "Import chapter".
- Choose whether each HTML file or folder represents one chapter
- Browse for and select the zip file, either using the "Add" button or the drag and drop method.
- Click the import button
Relative file links are converted to absolute chapter links. Images, Flash and Java are re-linked too. Remember to upload images and multimedia files as well as HTML files
For more information: