Share Camtasia videos with chapter track
The Camtasia software makes it easy to record screen actions with sound and create screencasts. The software is therefore often used as a simple tool for recording lectures or pre-casting exercises. If the recording is coupled with a PowerPoint presentation, the slide transitions can be automatically adopted as chapter subdivisions. This makes it easier to jump within the video during playback.
Via the RWTH streaming server, you can currently only make the video itself available without the chapter subdivisions. However, you can also make the files generated by Camtasia available in RWTHmoodle in such a way that the chaptering remains usable.
There are two ways to provide Camtasia videos with chapter track:
- Upload a learning package as a SCORM package. SCORM files are especially useful if you have included quizzes in the video. The results are stored in the evaluation module.
- Upload the video player.
To provide the Camtasia chaptered files using the SCORM Package, do the following:
- When exporting the Camtasia files, enable SCORM file creation.
- Create a new "SCORM package" activity using "Add an activity or resource".
- Give the package a name and optionally a description.
- Under "Package File", upload the ZIP file to your exported Camtasia project.
- After clicking on "Save and return to course" you can open the video by clicking on the SCORM package main file and play it inside the course room page. The chapter division is integrated in the player.
To make the Camtasia files with chapter divisions available via video player, proceed as follows:
- Create a new "File" resource using "Add an activity or resource".
- Give the file a name and optionally a description.
- Pack the exported Camtasia folder into a ZIP file.
- Under "Select files", upload the ZIP archive.
- Now click on the ZIP archive and then on "Unzip".
- Now click on the HTML index file.
- Then select the option "Set main file". This file will appear later on the learning room page.
- After clicking on "Save and return to course" you can open the video by clicking on the set main file and play it inside the course room page. The chapter division is integrated in the player.
Related content, this may be: