Possible ways for the identity verification
Application for a User Certificate
User Certificates issued by the DFN-PKI Global contain the applicant's first and last name in the field "Common Name". Consequently, it is necessary to formally check the identity of the applicant. There are currently two different procedures for identity verification:
- In person at the IT-ServiceDesk.
- In person at the ZHV-Helpdesk, if you are a ZHV employee.
In both cases you need to show a valid identity document (alongside your signed request).
Accepted identity documents are passports, identity cards and German residency permits. Beware: Drivers licences are not accepted as an identity document.
Application for a Group Certificate
- Bring the application in person to the IT-ServiceDesk or the ZHV-Helpdesk (for ZHV employees). Verification of the applicants' identity is based on a valid identification document.
- Send the hand-signed application in a digitally signed (and preferably encrypted) e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note:
- the digitally signed e-mail needs to be sent from your personal email account, we can only verify your identity if the corresponding DFN-PKI user certificate has been issued for "CN=Firstname Lastname".
- e-mails sent from email accounts used by more than person (functional e-mail accounts) will not be accepted.
- a digitally signed PDF is not required.
- the application document signed by hand is a must.
- From 30.12.2022: no more server certificates will be issued by the DFN-PKI Global. Check out the new ra-portal for GÉANT/TCS server certificates.
Application for a Server Certificate in the GÉANT/TCS
- Server certificate applications can only be submitted through the new webinterface ra-portal (GÉANT/TCS).
- There is no more paperwork, thus no need to visit the IT-SD.
- The server certificate applicant is authenticated via Single-Sign-On.
- Certificate applications can not be submitted via your power of attorney.
- For any further information please contact email@example.com.