1) General procurement guidelines
- Only employees of RWTH Aachen University (hereinafter referred to as the borrower) are entitled to borrow against a loan contract.
- The laptops may only be used for teaching and training purposes and to support conferences or meetings at RWTH Aachen University.
- The use of the laptops for personal use is expressly excluded.
- The borrower is permitted to pass them on to students for teaching purposes. However, the full responsibility remains with the borrower.
- The borrower is responsible for the complete and punctual return of the borrowed equipment and for any damage occurring during the lending period.
- The borrower is obliged to handle the systems with care.
- In the event of non-compliance, the IT Center reserves the right to make financial claims and, if necessary, is entitled to exclude the borrower from renewed lending on a temporary or permanent basis.
- The borrower undertakes to safeguard license rights with regard to the software pre-installed by the IT Center and the software installed by the borrower or the end users themselves.
- The borrower undertakes to have the IP addresses required for network access provided in advance by the responsible local network manager.
- The IT Center does not guarantee that the laptops and the corresponding accessories will be available on time or that the full agreed number will be available.
- This applies, for example, in the event of late return or return of defective systems by the previous borrower.
- The IT Center will inform the hirer immediately if it is foreseeable that the promised systems will not be fully available.
- If possible, the IT Center will make alternative systems available.
2) Scope and duration of the loan
- The loan period is agreed in advance between the IT Center and the borrower. It is a minimum of two days and should usually not exceed two weeks.
- In justified cases, the laptops can be rented for a maximum of 28 days, depending on the number of laptops available.
- Loan series, e.g. one day per week over the entire semester, or permanent loans may not be carried out.
- The equipment is available for collection on the first day of the agreed lending period between 08:00 and 18:00 at the IT-ServiceDesk of the IT Center (Seffenter Weg 23, upper entrance).
- On the last day of the loan period the equipment must be returned in full to the IT-ServiceDesk between 08:00 and 18:00 hours.